Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2nd 3rd of December

The second third of December brought travel.
Grandmel and Grandpa Bill were ready to see the little pumpkin - now just shy of 5 months old.
We hung out with them for a long weekend inbetween the two majors - Thanksgiving and Christmas. In PA, Sage got to experience his first fire in a fireplace. While on a trip to see his Great Grandma, he was able to meet his Great Uncle Bruce and Great Aunt Karen. He behaved beautifully for Great Grandma, and was a trooper through it all. He even did the cute grab your feet, babble and coo thing during diapers changes so she could report back to the relatives.
We also got to spend time with Doug and Nancy. Doug and Nancy are neighbors that I grew up with in PA. They bought this sweater:
Which we use all of the time, and he is sadly going to outgrow sooner than later. During our 2 month trip to PA we were only able to spend 5 minutes with them before jutting off to the airport, so on this venture we wanted to get a little more face time in.
When we got back, we did the family portion of the portraits (session 2 of 2) and had to choose which pictures to print out and give as gifts. Since I did the family portrait in the last post, I'll post one more of the kiddo, since he is cuter and all.
During the week, Kel had to go out of town. I prepped for a holiday brunch open house (more on that in part 3 of 3) and Sage and I went on a overnight to New Bern to see cousin Corty (and Great Aunt Jeannen and Grandma and Grandpa Walling too). During this trip, Sage saw his first set of over-the-top, someone-must-have-a-storage-unit-or-five, you-can-see-the-halo-from-two-miles-away Christmas lights. Kel's Dad did the driving, so I'm guessing it was near Rowe's Corner - but I could be wrong. It was back-roady and dark.
On Friday, the punk and I headed back home, and Daddy met us there, back from Atlanta for the week. Then it was a cleaning and baking frenzy - until the end of the second triad of December.

No comments: