Dr. Destructo on the loose:
After a month of being unhealthy (give or take a couple of days), the sprout showed signs of getting worse. When we went to his first sick baby visit in January, we were told to look for the following signs: getting less sleep, refusing meals, and fever among others. He hasn't had a fever, and look at him, you think he has ever given up a meal?!?! But during a weekend of waking up every other hour and taking 15 minute naps (normal is anywhere from 40 minutes to 3.5 hours) we took the hint. Which brings us to two more firsts that I could deal without - Baby's First Ear Infection and Baby's First Scrip. I have to say that his pediatrician has the neatest writing of any doctor that I have ever seen:

Too bad the medication doesn't go in as easy (anything pink on the bib didn't quite make it down into the belly):
A couple of side notes here....
1) This is the same pink fowl smelling, bad tasting, almost gritty amoxicillin that they had when I was a kid. You'd think that after 30+ years they would find a way to make it either taste better or administer more easily.
2) For a kid that eats everything (see below), he knows when this stuff is coming and dislikes it immensely. We practically have to wedge his little cheeks and force the dropper in. Believe me, it isn't the dropper (he will take liquid Motrin and play with that dropper), it isn't that it is medication (he helps administer vitamins), he just doesn't like it.
3) I have never thought of a teaspoon as big. When it comes to medication and the under one set this amount is HUGE.
4) I hope that he is getting enough. Actually I hope that 1 teaspoon in Pediatrician language means 1/4 teaspoon if you can get it, and the rest is just a bonus. I really don't want to know what happens if the ear infection isn't wiped out from the first round of antibiotics.
On the food front, we have been introducing a new food every four days. The so far list is on the side of the screen. Latest intro was something that mom doesn't like, but the kiddo seems to get along with just fine (Peas). It isn't Avocado, the kid will lean forward and open his mouth like a baby bird for avocado, but peas have been accepted. You have no idea how much of a relief that is. There is only so much acting a mother can do, and I'm not wasting it on peas. Here's a little leaning for the baby guac:

Crawling update: Kelly claims that Sage has crawled 3-4 steps. Amy didn't see it and will not confirm. She has seen all of the pull ups onto furniture and has witnessed the baby version of downward facing dog yoga pose. We are this close people *thumb and pointer finger held very closely together* This Close.
Too bad the medication doesn't go in as easy (anything pink on the bib didn't quite make it down into the belly):
1) This is the same pink fowl smelling, bad tasting, almost gritty amoxicillin that they had when I was a kid. You'd think that after 30+ years they would find a way to make it either taste better or administer more easily.
2) For a kid that eats everything (see below), he knows when this stuff is coming and dislikes it immensely. We practically have to wedge his little cheeks and force the dropper in. Believe me, it isn't the dropper (he will take liquid Motrin and play with that dropper), it isn't that it is medication (he helps administer vitamins), he just doesn't like it.
3) I have never thought of a teaspoon as big. When it comes to medication and the under one set this amount is HUGE.
4) I hope that he is getting enough. Actually I hope that 1 teaspoon in Pediatrician language means 1/4 teaspoon if you can get it, and the rest is just a bonus. I really don't want to know what happens if the ear infection isn't wiped out from the first round of antibiotics.
On the food front, we have been introducing a new food every four days. The so far list is on the side of the screen. Latest intro was something that mom doesn't like, but the kiddo seems to get along with just fine (Peas). It isn't Avocado, the kid will lean forward and open his mouth like a baby bird for avocado, but peas have been accepted. You have no idea how much of a relief that is. There is only so much acting a mother can do, and I'm not wasting it on peas. Here's a little leaning for the baby guac:
Crawling update: Kelly claims that Sage has crawled 3-4 steps. Amy didn't see it and will not confirm. She has seen all of the pull ups onto furniture and has witnessed the baby version of downward facing dog yoga pose. We are this close people *thumb and pointer finger held very closely together* This Close.
No comments:
Post a Comment